Global Outreach is one of two major components that form the Outreach Ministry at HCC.
The message of God’s heart for all nations (ethne = people groups) is a central theme of the Bible, where God desires every Christian to be involved in some way in bringing the Gospel to unreached people groups, wherever Christians and unreached people may be. Like local outreach, global outreach is a social responsibility that cannot be ignored.
The purpose of short-term missions is to help those involved in missions to grasp the grace of God and further develop their own and other's relationships with Christ while personally sharing and spreading the Gospel with the people they encounter.
|Opportunities in Short-Term Missions
- English Camps
- Assist long-term missionaries in their work to reach various people groups
- Assist in local business, infrastructure, and educational development
- Medical missions
- Church planting and supporting local pastoral staff and pastoral ministries
- Assisting and supporting the local church through visitations and other local church ministries
- Conduct VBS in partnership with local orphanages
- Outreach in slums
- Assisting with organizations that minister to marginalized people and socioeconomic groups
- Urban missions in the Houston metro area, the state of Louisiana and the city of Philadelphia
Contact person: Edna Kwan, Short-Term Missions Coordinator
Supporting long-term and career missionaries serving across the globe is an essential component of the Global Outreach Ministry. It is the mission of HCC to financially and spiritually support career missionaries and those who have committed to short-term missions.
HCC desires to equip those who have decided to pursue full-time ministry as their career with financial and spiritual support so that they can better carry out the mission of Christ to those that they will eventually serve.
HCC is committed to...
- Offering summer or one-year internships to recently-graduated and current seminary students to help students and graduates apply what they have learned in the classroom to the real world.
- Offering support for ministry placement upon graduation.
- Financial support for seminarians to full-time seminary students.
Contact person: Elaine Chan
The purpose of missions education is to raise the awareness of the importance of missions and the purpose and reasons why Christians reach out to non-Christians. In pursuing this goal, the Outreach Ministry is committed to evangelism education and encouraging those that have had prior evangelistic experiences to share their experiences with those that are contemplating being a part of short-term or long-term missions.
In order to make external missions education opportunities more accessible, the Missions Education Subcommittee financially, logistically, and spiritually supports those that desire to learn more about missions through missions conferences and other missions education venues.
Missions education conferences and classes that HCC has promoted attendance in the past include: